In a well-known under the name Rosenhoupt (other sources: Rosehaupt) point already in ancient times the fire lit, designed to facilitate orientation during the fishermen fishing in the Baltic Sea. At Cape Rozewie, which is the northernmost point in Poland, at the end of the seventeenth century, became a lighthouse.
Unfortunately, after the partitions of the Prussian Polish coast is not burned any navigational light. It shone again only when the right by Rozewie there were several casualties (eg, during a storm in 1807, crashed here 14 French vessels).
The old lighthouse, however, no longer fulfilled its function, so in the mid-nineteenth century, built a new high at 21 meters, with 15 modern Argand lamps. During the modernization in the late nineteenth century building is equipped with specialized apparatus Fresnel, established a three-man crew.
When the wheel Czołpino £ Eby similar lighthouse was built to distinguish the light from the on Rozewie, about 200 meters west of the existing built another. Then they upgraded and older increasing by nearly 13 meters, it was established as a major navigational light on the region.
The lighthouse at Cape Rozewie has modern equipment consisting of two panels of 20 lights each. The range of its light is 26 nautical miles, is about 48 km. During the special fog horn facilitates navigation Mist. so. nautofon, suitable Morse code letter R (as Rozewie). Team of two Lantern (this one is still active) standing on a promontory rozewskim now protects against the sea 800 meters long and hard band.
The lighthouse on Rozewie made famous by Stefan Zeromski, whose name it bears today. According to tradition, the writer lived here from 1920-1924 while writing the novel Wind from the sea. His chamber can be seen next to the established in 1963, Lighthouse Museum.